Thursday, August 20, 2009

Decor Dreams

Everyday, for at least one moment, I find myself whisked away in a sparkly whoosh of glitter to daydream land. It's beautiful and bright there, bold and elegant and I feel so relaxed! It goes something like this:

Darn that Sarah Brightman, she's so amazingly beautiful! And her CD spreads are always topnotch. I'm gonna photograph people like this one day . . .

And sometimes those dreams look like this:

except I don't' have that much black eye shadow on cuz that's just creepy.

Sometimes they look like silly Nicole Richie. I can't decide if she's a good girl, or a bad one but still, she looks great all dreamy and such . . .


And sometimes, I just dream of this cuz it's really funny and makes me laugh every single time I think about it . . . what the . . . ???


But anyways, I'm mostly not really dreaming of me as some fabulous model or animal pilgrim but rather of another subject.

No, I'm not dreaming of finding my prince one day like I did as a school girl, cuz I've already got him!

And I don't dream of making it through college like I used to cuz I've already got my Masters degree and not anyone, I mean NO one can convince me to go further than that.

And nope, I'm not dreaming of summer because we've been kinda bored this time around.

So what am I dreaming about?

Decor.

I find these dreams sweet and delightful as appealing as those pictures above or a pint of my favorite Ben and Jerry's:

Mmmmm, Mmmm!

I dream of painting this home in bold colors that pop and bring life to space. Colors that say

"Welcome!"

and

"Stay a little longer!"

So in an effort to pop those dreams into reality I often plop into our big, comfy computer chair for a few moments to unwind for the day by searching Google for pictures that inspire me. Here's some of my favorites.

Maybe I'll paint the wall behind our red couch a lime green. That'll teach em! At least that's what it makes me feel like, like I'd be breaking a rule and it feels good.


Or maybe I should paint the brown couch room a rich royal blue with an orange accent for the fireplace and TV hole. Dang, I still need to build shelves for that hole. One day, one day.


Sometimes I think I'll keep the smoker tan paint and just add some crazy curtains. Why'd I think "smoker" tan was a good idea in the first place? Okay, it's really called "Pony Tail," but you catch what I'm gettin' at . . . and probably, since I'm a photographer I should probably actually print some of my pictures and put them on the walls. Hmmm, yeah, probably.


But isn't this pink wall so fun? I'm definitely not a total pink kinda gal, but shoot, this looks fabulous!


And you'd better believe I'll be doing this. This is gonna happen as soon as September hits, along with the rest of the soon-to-occur-different-holidays-decor. Watch out festive season, I'm gonna blow you away this time!


Maybe JoAnne's will have a huge sale on fabulous fabric. Oh, wait. That would mean JoAnnes would have to actually BUY fabulous fabrics first. Do it! Do iT! DO IT!


Or maybe I'll get creative like my Alicia Jane blogger friend who was really Danya's friend first but then I joined in the fun. She's so incredibly creative making photoshop art and stuff. Maybe I should figure out how to do something like she does, or like in this picture and just go wild with the colors and frames. After all, look how happy and relaxed those people are . . .


Or maybe I'll do something really crazy and bold like this dark greyish purple wall except darn! I just remembered I don't have a pink couch. Umph, scratch that.


I could do purple, that'd be crazy huh! Or a teal? But my mom says that could turn out too turquoise and tomahawk-ish so maybe I'll nix that one.

Or maybe I'll learn how to make my bookcases look super cool like these. This pictures makes me wish I'd have bought the white ones and not the black. I could always paint them though right???


And how about a zebra rug under the kitchen table?


Oh yeah, I already bought a zebra chair. If I'm not careful everything will be zebra camouflage and we won't be able to find anything.

Or maybe I'll go with some pale colors with bold accents. Is that boring? I feel cold.


Maybe just a simple cream with bright accessories and curtains?? Oh yeah, I've already bought like 12,000 different cream shades of paint and none of them are right.


So back to the dreaming table I go to hunt nightly for inspiration that will bring light and joy to our home . . . besides the light and joy Mr. Funny, Sk8r and CR already bring me. The more I think about it, I'm a lucky girl to have those 3 dazzling beings livening up my space.

5 comments:

Andrea said...

I HAVE to send pics of my front wall...:) Plus, I made matt paint the family room cream and blue. :

SG said...

PLEASE DO!!! I remember Lexi's room from your old place and it was AWESOME so I can only imagine what you have now . . .

canadacole said...

First, laughing and laughing and laughing at the idea of a zebra camoflaged room. Now, wait, Sarah B is blond? When did that happen (and yes, I always love her album covers)? Those pilgrims are WACK and I'm seriously in love with the second inspiration photo...the blue, with the orange, and the yellow in the background? Mmmmm, yummy. Good luck choosing!

Cory or Cari said...

All I can think about is that fact that you have way too much time on your hands now that your kids are back in school.

I love your house. I love your zebra chair and would by no means think it wrong to add more zebra. But hey, maybe some giraffe or cheetah for fun. I like the idea of some fabulous curtains. My windows are naked so if you find some at a good price let me know.

Danya said...

So Punpkin Queen I've decided that when I win the bazziollion lotto jackpot I am going to buy you. I'm just gunna outright buy you as my personal photorapher, so you can just follow me around and photograph my life - and you'll be my personal interior decorator, no expense spared, so I'll have the most rockin house on earth - and you'll just be apart of my "entourage", you know, so make me look important and feel better about myself. I'll pay you in Chunky Monkey and Halloween decorations :) LOL