Friday, August 7, 2009

Welcome!

You've just opened the creaking door a smidge to a peak in my crazy little life. Not that it's always crazy but I enjoy the crazy when it comes because crazy means not bored right? And I don't like bored. Then again, I do like Pirates of the Caribbean old-man-on-the-porch part of the ride calmness too! You know, he sits there . . . rocking back and forth . . . just thinking . . . amongst the glittering fire flies and cricket chirps . . . ahhhhh, my heart sparkles with happiness!

So here's the deal. I'm remaining anonymous because there are entirely too many weirdos out there and so from here on out I'll be known as "The Pumpkin Queen." Why? Because I luuuuvvvvvvvvv Halloween and think it's a most terrific holiday! It's once a year when no matter the age, job, income, status, etc. you can be anything you want and no one can stop you. And yes, Nightmare Before Christmas is at the top of my list of favorite movies and soundtracks of all times!

The hubby? He's funny! In fact, we'll call him "Mr. Funny." Back in 1998, when he proposed he promised to make me laugh every day and I dare say he has! I adore him and think he's sexxy and I'm thrilled every time he comes through that door. Mmm, mmmmm! Anyhow, when I told him his screen name he wanted it changed to "Cap'm." Needless-to-tell, but I'm gonna anyways, my original name was going to be "Ms. Halloween" as in Mr. Funny doesn't like Halloween as much as me so I didn't wanna imply he DID by calling myself "Mrs." and hence the "Ms." But then Mr. Funny called me a "fema-nazi" and I thought, hmmmmm, no good! But then I didn't wanna call him "Cap'm" cuz I don't like They Might Be Giants as much as he does . . . so there! We're even. We changed both screen names and everyones happy.

Anywho . . .

The boy? He's just recently fallen in love with his skate board. He's out there practicing everyday and I'm so impressed with it! I got on one once and biffed it . . . hard! It was right next to where the egg plant in our front yard was growing . . . yes, right next to where it was growing in sand . . . where our cat used to poop. I could never eat that egg plant . . . Anyhow, we'll call him "Sk8r" cuz yes, that's what he is and hot-diggity, he's good at it! The boy wanted the name to look super cool and since I'm a nice mom I let him decide how to spell it.

The girl? Wow is she ever a doll! She sings and dances and loves to paint her long fingernails. How'd she get those anyways? Mine aren't long . . . not since the piano teacher told me I couldn't play with my fabulous long nails and then CHOPPED them off! It was like a scene out of a horror movie. Ever since then they've become brittle and pathetic! Anyhow, the girl loves Disney's "Camp Rock" just as much as I love Halloween so we'll call her "CR." She's thrilled!

I'm a fan of Stephen Colbert and CJane because both know how to just speak their minds about life and get away with it. For years I've been writing to my fancy sister-in-law, she's my Ann Landers and I write really well . . . to her . . . in Stephen Colbert an CJane style and it pleases me. So this is me going public with just being me and sharing it with whomever wants to read. I'm not nearly as funny nor witty or as great a writer as either of them, but still, I think I'm funny and heck this is my personal journal so what do I really care . . .

Anyhow, if you're intrigued feel free to come along for the ride.

7 comments:

canadacole said...

I am so excited! Wahoo! Thanks for taking us along for the ride! (And thanks for having a feed--you're in my reader!)

Shelli said...

I can call you Punkin, right? Cuz everyone needs a good nickname, and the Pumpkin Queen is just too long to spell out. Except maybe it would be just a little too weird in person.

JBSquared said...

You are, indeed, the Pumpkin Queen! :)

SG said...

Yahoo!!! Some of you came. You guys rock and yes, please Shelli call me Punkin. In fact, maybe during your next lesson when I raise my hand you can call me it there! HAHAHAHAHA!

Cory or Cari said...

Who is this strange new emerging Pumpkin Queen???? What will be next to up up here? Such a mystery.

Danya said...

I'm excited too! I want a code name!!!!!!!!!!

SG said...

Hmmmmm, a code name for Danya, I'm gonna work on that one . . .