Saturday, August 15, 2009

Irresponsibly Sparkley

The boys left last Saturday to join a dozen or so other sweaty men and boys on a 30 mile scout bike ride to a fancy-schmancy beach I've never been to.

And naturally?

CR and I went shopping. Mind you, I'm money conscious! Especially since I've got a Halloween shin-dig to prepare for and am constantly in the "emergency preparedness" mindset thanks to my job at church. But after having spent our free $150 Visa debit card from Verizon (for signing up for Fios) on water barrels I figured hey--this Walgreen's check that I got in the mail for a free $25 would be fabulous to spend on something . . . medicinee . . . foodee . . .responsibly . . . ??? NAH! Instead we spent it on something . . . sparkly! And this is what we bought:



7 bottles of sparkly nail polish.

And you know what? That much glitter really DOES make the world go round.

Thanks Walgreen's!